Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Snowflakes and all that..

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favourite things.
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;
These are a few of my favourite things.
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;
These are a few of my favourite things.
When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
I love the sound of Music and I would give an eye and an arm to be in Julie Andrews' shoes.This song gets me thinking about my favourite things and if they do really make me happy. I have decided to list them out and then I will see if they make me feel better.
1.Starting with something close to the Earth, I love the smell of wet Earth.There is something so.. what's the word!! Earthy about it :).
2.There is nothing more gratifying than feeding a hungry dog. The rascal will follow you even to the end of the world after that.
3.I love the smell of a freshly laundered towel.No explanations will be given.
4.I have always been fascinated by the trail a jet leaves in the sky.Lucky are those women who have been propositioned this way :)
5.There are very few things that beat this one. Getting up in the morning and realizing you can afford to sleep for ten more minutes.Bliss!!!
6.I get really excited if I can recognize the song they're playing at a restaurant or a cafe.Its even better if I know the lyrics.
7.New Shoes :). I will beg for shoes. A pair of new shoes is what every girl wants!!!!
8.When they play all my favourite songs back to back on the radio.
9. A mid-night ice-cream escapade, with a cherry on top. :)
As I wrap up this list I hear myself humming
When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
This can only mean only one thing :):):).

1 comment:

  1. This is the most interesting one. I will keep a copy :). Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete